Can textboxes and other controls be resized?

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
eedoh

23 Feb 2014

Hi again.

Our client has weird request, they want some of the forms to have grid-like looks. As there's no grid available as a control I tried using standard controls in a row, but my form gets too wide. Is there a way of setting the control size directly, in pixels.

I'd suggest making some kind of grid view btw. I hate grids on web, but this is not the first time I had to do it for a client, I', sure my case is not unique...

eedoh

23 Feb 2014

OK, I found this forum thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4 and it helped me setting width, but it impacted all the fields on the form. How can I apply it to selected fields only?

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

24 Feb 2014

Sure, you can assign a custom CSS class to the specific field in Forms Designer (e.g. 'your-custom-class') and define it in CSS-editor by the following way:

Code: Select all

.your-custom-class input[type='text'] {
    font-size: 18px;
}

craigwat11

21 May 2014

Hi, is there anyway to lock the size of a multi-text field so text drops to the next line instead of just auto-expanding the size of the input field?

Thanks for all your help!

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

23 May 2014

Hi,

Sure, please assign CSS-class to your multi-line text field, e.g. 'multi-text' and define it in CSS-editor following way:

Code: Select all

.multi-text .fd_control {
  width: 200px;
}

• Information