User-defined rule - ContainsCurrentUser

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
wdeffner

02 Jun 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to to create a user-defined rule where I want to check if the current-user is the same as an entry in the form.

ContainsCurrentUser looked like the way to go :

ContainsCurrentUser([SDKonto])

SDKonto is a field type "Person/Group" with the options "only persons" and "no multiple entries".

However this does not return true, although the proper entries have been made.

Is there something wrong?

Thank you, Wolfgang

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

05 Jun 2017

Do you have any other groups? Please, pay attention to the 'Priority' field. Possibly, a condition of another group having higher priority returns true too.

If it does not help, please, provide screenshots of the groups' drop-down, the condition, and the form.

wdeffner

14 Jun 2017

Hi Dmitry,
can you explain the interaction of "Sharepoint Group" and "User-defined-rule" in the Group Editor? Until yesterday I have regarded both as alternatives, now it looks to me as if a sharepoint group must always be set in order for the user-defined-role to work properly.

Where can I see in the Group Editor -> Sharepoint Groups which Sharepoint group has previously been chosen? None of the groups is highlighted in any way.

Thanks, Wolfgang

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

15 Jun 2017

Hi Wolfgang,
You can use both, User-defined rule and Group. In that case both conditions are joined with AND operator. If you do not select any group on the first tab, only a user rule is evaluated.

sarball

24 Mar 2021

Hi,
I've tried to unselect the permissiosn group to just use the User-defined rule but this doesn't work.

Do I need to create a new form set to get this to work?

Nikita Kurguzov

24 Mar 2021

Dear sarball,
What do you mean doesn't work? You can't unselect a group? Can you post a screenshot here?
Cheers

• Information