Following: SharePoint2013 form with related items list

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
MES5464

26 Aug 2013

I am trying to follow the instructions on "SharePoint 2013 form with related items list".

On the parent form I have this code:

var wp0 = $('div[id^="MSOZoneCell_WebPartWPQ"]:eq(0)');
wp0.detach().appendTo('#fd_tabcontrol-0-tab-1');
var newItem = wp0.find('.ms-list-addnew a');
var queryString = SP.ScriptHelpers.getDocumentQueryPairs();
newItem.attr('onclick', 'NewItem2(event, "' + newItem.attr('href') + '&expense=' + queryString['ID'] + '"); return false;')

When I view the form source the "new item" href has the following value: NewItem2(event, "http://share.showprg.com/_layouts/15/li ... expense=10"); return false; On the child (New Form) I have the following code: var queryString = SP.ScriptHelpers.getDocumentQueryPairs(); fd.field('Expenses').control().value(queryString['expense']); However I never get the value in the "Expenses" lookup field. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks, Marion

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

28 Aug 2013

Please, download and install the latest version of Forms Designer (2.7.5). It allows you to add related items directly in Forms Designer. We will publish the detailed documentation soon and I will put the link into this thread.

Clint Lechner

28 Aug 2013

Hmmm, so Sharepoint isn't loading SP.Scripthelpers library. Is that typically loaded? I have 2.7.5 installed.

I actually have the same problem. Verified a few times everything was correct but ultimately the console throws this javascript error --

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getDocumentQueryPairs' of undefined

Hmmm, so Sharepoint isn't loading SP.Scripthelpers library. Is that typically loaded? I have 2.7.5 installed.

Clint Lechner

28 Aug 2013

Whoops, I read your message above wrong. So it's implemented now? Can't wait to see the documentation. Well done!

Jeff Childers

29 Aug 2013

Is it possible to modify the New Item link in the related items section. If so, could you please include that documentation as well. I would like pre-fill the child list with the lookup column value that I filter the related item list with.

• Information