Can't publish form on a site with anonymous access ??

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
Leslie

30 Apr 2020

Hello !

I have a list on a site with Anonymous access and I want people can add new items in this list.
I open sp form designer, I make my form, I click on Save (with display, new and edit), the "saving..." message appears and...
An red error appears :
"An error has occured while saving, please try later" and if I click on the "more info" link :
Capture_spform_erroranonymous.PNG
Capture_spform_erroranonymous.PNG (58.13 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
It's the first time I see this error, and the only thing this site has different is its anonymous access.

I've checked :
If, after that, I close the spform designer and I try to create a new item in the list, the form is the standard "ugly" form.
And if I open sp form designer, I opens the "pretty" spform.
So it seems it succeeds in saving, but not in publishing.

Can you help me ?

Thank you and have a nice day !

mnikitina

01 May 2020

Hello Leslie,

Most likely the solution is not deployed to the web application or deployed with errors.

Please, ensure that the package is deployed to the current web application: go to the Central administration -> System settings -> Manage farm solutions -> deploy Plumsail.FormsDesigner2013.wsp globally.

You can find our installation instruction here - https://spform.com/documentation/sp2013install

Leslie

11 May 2020

Dear MNikitina,

Thank you, indeed the problem is on a web application dedicated with Anonymous access, not on my main web application.
But it's strange I can have the SPform designer and cross-site lookup in the site settings when the solution isn't deployed on this web application...
Anyway.

When I want to deploy the solution globally, it says that (auto-translate French-English) "the solution doesn't contain any resources whose scope is at the level of web applications and must be deployed on specific web applications. Choose the web application in which the solution should be deployed."
So I can choose only one web application ?? :shock:

And, in red below (auto-translate French-English) "Warning : The deployment of this solution will place assemblies in the Global Assembly Cache. The assemblies of the solution will have total trust. Continue only if the solution provider is reliable."

If I deploy the solution on my web application with Anonymous access, it still be deployed on the previous web application (my main web application), isn't it ? :?

mnikitina

12 May 2020

Hello Leslie,

You cannot deploy the solution to the specific web application.
You need to deploy the solution to all Web front-end servers. Then, you can activate Forms Designer feature at the site collection level where you are going to customize forms.

Leslie

18 May 2020

But...
How can you explain, if the solution isn't deployed on the web application I need, the Forms Designer feature is available at the site collection level and I can edit and save forms, but not publish them ?? :?:

And we have only 1 SharePoint server (and 1 server for its database), so... What else can I do?

mnikitina

20 May 2020

Hello Leslie,

Please share the screenshot of the page Central administration -> System settings -> Manage farm solutions.

Leslie

27 May 2020

Hello Nikitina,

Here it is !
Capture001.PNG
Capture001.PNG (16.2 KiB) Viewed 4114 times

Thank you for your help !

mnikitina

29 May 2020

Hello Leslie,

Please reinstall Forms Designer. For this do the following:

1. Deactivate Forms Designer features at the site level
2. Remove the old WSP packages from the server
3. Install Forms Designer from the WSP package. Please find the instruction here.

Leslie

03 Jun 2020

Hello Nikitina,

If I deactivate the forms designer feature in all my sites (and there are many), is there not a risk that it will make me lose any data in the existing forms, or in the cross-site lookups I use ?
I need to be sure, because I have a lot of work in this forms and cross-site lookups.

mnikitina

04 Jun 2020

Hello Leslie,

If you are upgrading from major versions (e.g. from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4), that will not affect existing forms. The current version of Forms Designer is 3.1.4. You can find the version of the designer in the bottom right corner.

If you are upgrading between major versions (from 2.x to 3.x), you will also have to re-save each custom form in the new designer.

• Information