sharepoint groups

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
Roo

08 Feb 2021

I can't work this one out - Mine works fine in list edit or dotted line edit

As soon as a user views then edits, it goes to the wrong version. usually the wrong one.

The old version was so much easier :(

Nikita Kurguzov

08 Feb 2021

Dear Roo,
That's unfortunate, I'm also not quite sure why that would be the case. Only if the users belong to multiple groups and different ones load at that time?

As for why it works this way - working with groups in SharePoint Online is quite a bit different, and we weren't able to implement a better approach with Forms Designer at the time, and we're not very likely to implement massive changes to the system in the future - the product is fully supported, but not actively developed.

If you consider switching to Modern UI and our latest product - Plumsail Forms (an alternative to Forms Designer for Modern UI forms), you'll find that it has a more robust system for providing different Form Sets. We're also working on an option to access Azure AD groups in Plumsail Forms the same way, but this is not available yet.
Cheers

Roo

09 Feb 2021

Thanks Nikita - When we moved to o365 I asked plumsail which one I should go for - and they said SPForms? (This was only a few months ago!!) Oh well

• Information