HTML Richtext field

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2010.
Sebastian Haugland

26 Oct 2015

Hi

See A to C below.

I mangage to write RichText from a object (obj.street below) to a list field of type "Rich text" - se A .

In a HTML section with custom javascript I also manage to write plain text to a <p id="demo3"></p> in the Body see B.

But I cant manage to write Rich text in to a field in my HTML body (it returns ony plain text) - see C. , have tried with

<p id="demotest"></p> and

<textarea id="demotest" rows="3" cols="20">
Enter text here...
</textarea>

But neither works - what is the correct tag ? / suggestions?

Code:

A

fd.field('Body').control()._el()
.find('.ms-rtelong').contents().find('body').html(obj.street);

B

var x1 = document.getElementById("Name");
x1.value=obj.name;

C
var x8=document.getElementById("demotest");
x8.value=obj.street;

rostislav

26 Oct 2015

Inserting html inside a <p> tag should work (assigning html-formatted text to a textarea will just give you your html as plain text). Are you sure the value you're inserting is html? do a console.log(obj.street) to check you have your html formatting before you do your assignment.

Sebastian Haugland

26 Oct 2015

I am inserting Rich text . at least its text from a Sharepoint Richtext field. It looks like this: <P><FONT color=#ff0000>Not </FONT><FONT color=#00ffff>Working</FONT></P>

representing this:Not Working

As I mention I can store it back in another Sharepoint Richtext field but I can't manage to store it in the body of my custom HTML.

(Reason for doing this is to avoid using so many SHarepoint fields by storing Richtext field as JSON and then read/write to them from a custom HTML section - and its working for chekboxes and plaintext but not for Richtext)

Sebastian Haugland

26 Oct 2015

I am inserting Rich text . at least its text from a Sharepoint Richtext field. It looks like this: <P><FONT color=#ff0000>Not </FONT><FONT color=#00ffff>Working</FONT></P>

representing this:Not Working

(Not in Red and Working in Cyan)

As I mention I can store it back in another Sharepoint Richtext field but I can't manage to store it in the body of my custom HTML.

(Reason for doing this is to avoid using so many SHarepoint fields by storing Richtext field as JSON and then read/write to them from a custom HTML section - and its working for chekboxes and plaintext but not for Richtext)

rostislav

27 Oct 2015

You should have used innerHTML instead of value. However, it's easier to do it with jQuery:

Code: Select all

$('#demotest').html('<P><FONT color=#ff0000>Not </FONT><FONT color=#00ffff>Working</FONT

• Information