Delete a record from a Related Item View?

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2010.
jpeszleny

18 Nov 2013

Is it possible to delete a list item from a Related Item View?

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

19 Nov 2013

Hello,

Sure, you can delete related item from context menu:

jpeszleny

19 Nov 2013

Thanks for your replay. You answer works however it only works if you are showing the "Title" column in the related list. Is there any way of doing this without showing the "Title" column?

rlmitch01

17 Dec 2013

Hi,

In native SharePoint views, a user can select an item using the individual item checkbox if the title field is not present. These checkboxes do not appear in the SP Forms releated item view. Is this a feature that can or plans to be supported in SP Forms?

Thank you!

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

18 Dec 2013

We disabled individual checkboxes in our solution because they cause issues with ribbon. Which group actions would you like to have?

rlmitch01

19 Dec 2013

We would like to select multiple documents by checking them and then either delete them or select a 3rd party add-on that converts them to .pdf and emails them. If this is not feasible, do you have any thoughts on how we could accomplish whis while still using your product? Thanks!

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

23 Dec 2013

You can open the designed form in SharePoint Designer and change TabularView property of required view to TRUE. You will see checkboxes near the list items, but you have to add your own Delete and Convert to PDF links into your form and handle clicks by custom JavaScript.

arish

23 Apr 2016

hi i am also using related items in spform and having issue with Delete . . . so i checked this forum and add title field but i dont want to show all the menuitems in ECB so can you please explain how we can only show Edit and Delete items in (menu ECB) and hide Workflows, Advance and share. . . I am using javacript and jquery CSS which is not working fine i-e it shows full menu items first and after 2 3 seconds then it hides and shows only Delete and Edit. . . but if you have any solution better please let me know

PS : Main issue is Delete is available on Ribbon Toolbar in related items and when we delete using this button then it will redirect to related list not current spform

Thanks

rostislav

25 Apr 2016

To hide the Delete button from the ribbon add the following code to the display form:

Code: Select all

if (window.top !== window.self) {
	$('[id^="Ribbon.ListForm.Display.Manage.DeleteItem"]').parents('.ms-cui-row').eq(0).hide();
}

arish

29 Apr 2016

if i hide this delete button from ribbon then there is one option left to delete which you described by using Title field Menu Item and if this is the only solution then how can i show only delete option in menu Item. . (not remaining which is like Workflow, Advance, Share, View Item etc.) . . . .

• Information