New form malfunction

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2010.
davidnarramore

10 Nov 2015

I have three roles All Users, DataEntry, Owners. I have different New, Display, Edit forms based on the role. The Edit and Display forms work as expected. However the same New form (All Users) appears for the other roles. I have deleted all the forms from SharePoint Designer and republished them, but still only the one form appears for the other roles. The new form for All Users doesn't use the tab control, but the other roles use the tab control. I have checked the default and it is correct. When I open the New form controller aspx there is an error "Error Creating Control Request is not available in this context. Any help would be appreciated.

rostislav

10 Nov 2015

Are you sure that the other forms should be appearing in your case? Can you show the code you're using in your group conditions?

davidnarramore

10 Nov 2015

I don't know how to do that. Do I open the form in SharePoint designer? It was working earlier and now it doesn't.

rostislav

10 Nov 2015

We can schedule a screen-sharing session to sort that out for you. Drop your details to support@spform.com.

rostislav

03 Dec 2015

We couldn’t reproduce this issue using the latest version of Forms Designer. For anyone having problems with this: if you're using Forms Designer below version 3, try updating your Forms Designer to the most recent version and resaving *all* your forms in it.

davidnarramore

03 Dec 2015

How can I tell what version I have? Do you have any update documentation?

rostislav

03 Dec 2015

Download the new version of the Forms Designer installation file, run it and re-activate the Forms Designer feature at the site collection level. The version number is displayed in Forms Designer at the bottom right corner.

davidnarramore

03 Dec 2015

i installed v3.0.4 and followed your instructions. No change.

rostislav

04 Dec 2015

OK, try this:

1. Create a new list

2. Add a new form set for the sharepoint group

3. Design simple New forms for the two form sets

4. Test to see if correct new forms are opened, depending on what group the current user belongs to

If the test succeeds, export the forms from the list that is giving you problems (open Forms Designer, and for each form click the "Export" button and export to a separate file). Then reimport into the new list. Hopefully this would fix your problem.

davidnarramore

17 Dec 2015

Now when I select "New Item" from the ribbon the correct form appears. However when I use the +New Item at the bottom of the list a different new form appears. I did Dimetry's fix when this happened in the past of deleting all the forms in SharePoint Designer and republishing from SPForms. No change.

• Information