Passing information on a new form

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2010.
Katerina

12 May 2014

Hi Dimitry,

Is the following possible with the related ites in SP Forms?

Manipulate the “Add” item links on the sub-grids / related data so that when we open a new form we can have information passed in the query string

Thanks

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

13 May 2014

If you open a child new form in a dialog you can obtain a parent form fields via JavaScript. Example:

window.top.fd.field('Title').value()

You can find more detail in the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65

Katerina

19 Jun 2014

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for your reply and appologies I didn't come back to you earlier. What do you mean by child form? I thaught that we could passed info in the same form as we do when we pass a query string from the usrl. Is that right?

Thanks

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

19 Jun 2014

Actually, not. SharePoint truncates all unrecognized parameters from the query string when opens the specific form. Thus you should use the code from my previous message to obtain values from the parent form.

Katerina

19 Jun 2014

So do I need to have two new forms? One parent and one child?

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

19 Jun 2014

Not sure I understood you. Could you describe the case in more detail?

Katerina

19 Jun 2014

Yes sure...

The user will start by filling the first form. After they submit it and is approved they need to fill an other form from the same list and I need to pass 2 fields from the previous form ( from the list item is created before) to the new form. The forms are under the same list as content types. How do I pass those infromation in the new list?

Hope this makes more sence.

Thanks

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

19 Jun 2014

Ok, now I see, thanks. Here you should add JavaScript code into the new form which requests field values of the previously created item via JSOM. Our support team can help you with this task, it will take about 200-300 support minutes depending on the number of columns. If you're interested, please drop the detailed description of the task to support@spform.com.

Katerina

20 Jun 2014

If you iplement that for us, will it be something that we will be able to use in other scenarios or it will be something specific for that scenario?

Thanks

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

23 Jun 2014

It will be the script for the specific scenario but you will be able to adapt it to similar scenarios.

• Information