Refresh lookup field

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2010.
marcwenger

07 Jul 2014

Am I able to refresh a read-only field of a looked-up field?

My field Priority is related to the field SLA (Priority 1 = SLA 1; Priority 2 = SLA 2; Priority 3 = SLA 4), and this is defined in another list. Whenever priority gets updated I want SLA to be updated without having to save th form. Is this possible?

(I'm trying to upload a screenshot so my question makes more sense, but am unable to do so. Let me know if I should send it elsewhere)

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

08 Jul 2014

Hi,

Please, clarify a bit. You mean you wish to refresh additional columns of a lookup dynamically without saving the form, right? If so, unfortunately it's impossible with the out of the box lookup column. We have Cross-site Lookup that allows to configure such case with some code, but it doesn't support SharePoint 2010. You can use CSOM to request additional columns directly from a form when user changes a lookup field. Our support team can help you with this task, it will take about $200 support minutes.

marcwenger

08 Jul 2014

Hello - yes your description is correct in that I want a read only field updated without saving/closing. Thanks for advising, and I will notify my team this isn't possible in SP 2010. Thank you.

-m

• Information