Related items

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2010.
Sebastian Haugland

16 Mar 2017

Hi
Using ver 3.0.4. I am filtering the related items based on a field, this works fine. But it does not matter what kind of view I am using? one of my views shows only tasks with Status=Completed but the result in the related items are the same if you this or another view where all items are shown. (the columns setup are also the same for all views)
Any suggestions?

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

17 Mar 2017

Hi,
Please, check the View property of the Related Items control in Forms Designer. Here, you can find a CAML-query that is applied to the list before rendering the control. Can you find filtering by Status there?

Sebastian Haugland

17 Mar 2017

its like this
<Query>
<OrderBy>
<FieldRef Name="ID" Ascending="FALSE" />
</OrderBy>
<Where>
<Neq>
<FieldRef Name="Status" />
<Value Type="Text">Completed</Value>
</Neq>
</Where>
</Query>

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

17 Mar 2017

Looks right. Could you provide a screenshot of the Related Items in the form?

Sebastian Haugland

21 Mar 2017

As mention, it does not seem like the design (pic 2) view ie columns nor the query filter (ref last post) is reflected in the view (pic 1) as there are few columns and the completed task is shown.
Pic 2 Ïn design mode, Pic 1 in view mode
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (27.63 KiB) Viewed 7330 times
Pic2.jpg
Pic2.jpg (27.42 KiB) Viewed 7330 times
Note the rectangles are just me masking the tasks and the names. And I am using sharepoint 2010 by the way (well I am in that forum..)

Sebastian Haugland

21 Mar 2017

Just short comment, if I change the field "Editable" to false in the design view for related items - I still get the + sign allowing me to add items in the view mode. (basically what ever I do - the view remains the same with respect to columns etc)

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

22 Mar 2017

Have you tried to remove the Related Items control, save the form, and ensure that the Related items has been removed from the form? Then add it again in Forms Designer.

Sebastian Haugland

26 Mar 2017

Yes I have tried that, but it made no difference. Any suggestions to what else I should try?

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

27 Mar 2017

Does the view disappear from the page after removing the Related Items in Forms Designer and saving the form? What about other lists? - do you have the same issue with no matter what list you use as a source of the Related Items?

Sebastian Haugland

01 Apr 2017

Yes it disappear, and also in other lists its seems like any change to the view editor is not reflected in the task form. Ie if I remove one of the fields from the view.

• Information