Multiple Content Types Lookup Field

Discussions about Cross-site Lookup
TylerCrummett

25 Oct 2017

Hey All,

I am operating on SharePoint Online and I have a document library called Customer Agreements with three different content types(A, B, & C). There is a field entitled Business Partner and it uses the Cross-Site Lookup to another list called Business Partner. On the Business Partner list we only have one content type, so no problems there.

However, when creating a new item on Customer Agreements, the field for Business Partner only shows up on the default content type A and NOT on B and C. Is there any special configuration I should be putting on either the Customer Agreements document library or in the Plumsail Cross-Site Lookup advanced settings?

Cheers,
Tyler

Nikita Kurguzov

25 Oct 2017

Hello, Tyler!
It's really easy to do - go to the list, switch to classic Sharepoint if you are using modern design, select List Settings in the ribbon:
ListSettings.jpg
ListSettings.jpg (136.78 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Find Content Types section and click on content type you want to add Cross-site Lookup to:
ContentTypesListSettings.png
ContentTypesListSettings.png (7 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Next, add Cross-site Lookup by clicking Add from existing site or list columns:
ContentTypeSettings.png
ContentTypeSettings.png (23.32 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Finally, select Cross-site Lookup column and it to the content type:
ContentTypeAddColumns.png
ContentTypeAddColumns.png (14.84 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Now it will be both present on the default form for this content type and you'll be able to add it in Forms Designer, if you are using it.
Cheers

TylerCrummett

25 Oct 2017

Nikita,

Thank you so much! It worked!

Cheers

• Information