Trouble Retrieving data

Discussions about Cross-site Lookup
cwalter2

10 Jul 2019

I have a list with a cross site lookup field looking to another list cross site look up field. My plan is to use the information in Forms Designer with an on change event. Currently it is bringing in an object as undefined. What is the problem with my code?

Here is the cross site look up that I am having a problem with (I bolded the problem item):
function (term, page) {
if (!term || term.length == 0) {
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Id&$expand=PLProjManager&$orderby={LookupField} asc&$filter=PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Id&$expand=PLProjManager&$orderby={LookupField}&$filter=startswith({LookupField}, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') and PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}

Here is the cross site lookup on the target:
function (term, page) {
var HRCompany = "Our Company Name";
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby=Created desc&$filter=CLCompanyCopy eq '"+ encodeURIComponent(HRCompany) + "'&$top=10";
}
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby={LookupField}&$filter=startswith({LookupField}, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') and CLCompanyCopy eq '"+ encodeURIComponent(HRCompany) + "'&$top=10";
}

Nikita Kurguzov

10 Jul 2019

Dear Walter,
Can you try the following code?

Code: Select all

function (term, page) {
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Id&$expand=PLProjManager/Id&$orderby={LookupField} asc&$filter=PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Id&$expand=PLProjManager/Id&$orderby={LookupField}&$filter=startswith({LookupField}, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') and PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}
Also, make sure the Internal Name of the field you are trying to retrieve is PLProjManager and it's a Lookup/Person.
Cheers

cwalter2

10 Jul 2019

I made the requested changes.

Request Items:

function (term, page) {
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Id&$expand=PLProjManager/Id&$orderby={LookupField} asc&$filter=PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Id&$expand=PLProjManager/Id&$orderby={LookupField}&$filter=startswith({LookupField}, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') and PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}
To get a picture of what was being returned I made the item format:

function(item) {
  return '<span class="csl-option">' + item["{LookupField}"] + " - " + item.Title + " " + item.PLProjManager.Id + '</span>'
}
Here is what is looks like:
It returns undefined in the place for item.PLProjManager.Id

mnikitina

12 Jul 2019

Dear Walter,

Could you please clarify if the Manager filed is the people picker field or the lookup field.

Thank you!

cwalter2

13 Jul 2019

It is a look up field. I was mistaken earlier. It is returning a number. Which I assume may be the Id on the original list in lieu of the Display Name field I created.

mnikitina

16 Jul 2019

Walter,

Please use the below code in Lookup settings.
To get the Title of the lookup field I've replaced Id with Title.

function (term, page) {
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Title&$expand=PLProjManager/Id&$orderby={LookupField} asc&$filter=PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},PLStatus,Title,PLProjManager/Title&$expand=PLProjManager/Id&$orderby={LookupField}&$filter=startswith({LookupField}, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') and PLStatus eq 'Active Project'&$top=30";
}
Also, you can use this code in JavaScript editor to get the value.

fd.field('{LookupFieldInternalName}').control('data')['PLProjManager'].Title;

• Information