Link to Page, not to display-form

Discussions about Cross-site Lookup
ragesoft

09 Aug 2019

Hi there,

is it possible to have the cross-site lookup link to the wiki-page instead to the display form?

As of now:
If i have a cross-site-lookup pointing to a wiki page library the the user is redirected to the display-form of the page.

We want to link different wiki-pages in a list (ticket-system) and if the user clicks a link, he should be navigated to the page instead the display-form of the list item...

Thx a lot!

mnikitina

12 Aug 2019

Hello ragesoft!

Unfortunately, there is no default functionality to open document directly via a lookup link.

Probably, this can be done by customizing the default display form with Forms Designer and set up a redirection to the document with JavaScrip code. But it'll require testing.

slashmaster

13 Sep 2019

mnikitina wrote:
12 Aug 2019
Hello ragesoft!

Unfortunately, there is no default functionality to open document directly via a lookup link.

Probably, this can be done by customizing the default display form with Forms Designer and set up a redirection to the document with JavaScrip code. But it'll require testing.
i am also interested in a solution. Thanks in advanced

mnikitina

18 Sep 2019

Hello ragesoft, slashmaster.,

I apologize for the delay in response.

You can modify Display Form of the file properties with Forms Designer and add the following code in JavaScript Editor. A user will be redirected to the document on the Display Form load.

Please replace {SiteURL} with your site URL.

Code: Select all

var libURL = '{SiteURL}/SitePages/'
var docName = fd.field('FileLeafRef').value();
window.location.href = libURL + docName;

• Information