Lookup Column not showing in 'Alert Me' Email

Discussions about Cross-site Lookup
tcrummett

24 Sep 2019

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with the SharePoint default list alerts showing the Cross-Site lookup columns. As the administrator, when I receive an alert I can see the value.

withadmin.JPG
withadmin.JPG (18.26 KiB) Viewed 8560 times

However, when a user gets an alert, the field is blank. The users have Read privileges for the list where the cross-site column is coming from.

user.JPG
user.JPG (14.16 KiB) Viewed 8560 times

Is this a display template issue?! Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

mnikitina

26 Sep 2019

Hello tcrummett,

Could you please check Permission of the user, who receives notifications without the lookup value, in the target List Settings >> Permissions for this list >> Check Permissions and share the screenshot.
check.JPG
check.JPG (19.27 KiB) Viewed 8557 times

And what is SharePoint version you are using: online or on-premises 2010/2013/2016/2019?

tcrummett

18 Oct 2019

Hi!

Thank you for your response!

The person regularly contributes to the list and can see each of the lookup values while using the create/edit/view form. Below are the results when checking their permissions for both lists.
permissions.JPG
permissions.JPG (29.58 KiB) Viewed 8536 times
permissions2.JPG
permissions2.JPG (28.48 KiB) Viewed 8536 times
The problem is when they sign up for an alert using the Alert me functionality of the list. Whenever a change is made, the issue is the Plumsail lookup values don't show in the alert for the user as shown in the original post.

I've been going back and forth between the two lists trying to figure out if there is something higher level I should be paying attention to.

tcrummett

18 Oct 2019

Also, I've forgotten to include, but we are using SharePoint Online...

Cheers!

mnikitina

21 Oct 2019

With the Contribute permission level there should be no problem. And still, I think it is related to permission levels set up. Could you please check the following:

Can other users with the same permission level see the lookup value in the email notification?

Have you tried to change the permission level?

Could you please create a lookup field pointing to the same list and do not convert it to Cross-Site lookup. Is it visible in the email?

• Information