Cross-site lookup - 'Loading Failed' error

Discussions about Cross-site Lookup
kevyn

28 Aug 2015

The URLs are as follows:

column 1 is:

beta/_layouts/15/FldEdit.aspx?List=%7B44B4850F-54F9-46F5-AA7D-F35E9CDD2C2D%7D&Field=Project_x0020_Number

column 2 is:

beta/_layouts/15/FldEdit.aspx?List=%7B44B4850F-54F9-46F5-AA7D-F35E9CDD2C2D%7D&Field=Title

Therefore my new code is:

function (term, page) {

if (!term || term.length == 0) {

return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby=Created desc&$top=10";

}

return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby={LookupField}&" +

"$filter=startswith(Project_x0020_Number, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') or " +

"startswith(Title, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "')&$top=10";

}

However I still get the same error - is there anything you can suggest please?

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

28 Aug 2015

You cannot sort the result set by calculated columns, so, please, use the following snippet:

Code: Select all

function (term, page) {
        return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby=Created desc&$top=10";
    }

return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby=Title&" +
    "$filter=startswith(Project_x0020_Number, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') or " +
}

kevyn

28 Aug 2015

This is excellent - thank you so much. My final question - how would you go about adding a 3rd column? (thank you!)

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

28 Aug 2015

Do you mean that you need to filter the result set by three fields? If so, here is the code:

Code: Select all

function (term, page) {
    }

return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby=Title&" +
    "startswith(Title, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') or " +
    "startswith(field3, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "')&$top=10";
}

kevyn

28 Aug 2015

That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to have any effect (the dropdown only includes 2 fields)

function (term, page) {

return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby=Created asc&$top=10";

}

"startswith(Client_x0020_ID, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "') or " +

}

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

28 Aug 2015

If you need to display all three fields in the result set, you should join them into a single calculated column or modify the 'Item format' template as described in out blog:
http://spform.com/office-365/sett ... office-365

kevyn

28 Aug 2015

I'm sorry I thought we already established that a calculated column would not work? Your suggestion in did not seem to work either... If we can figure out how to get 3 columns into the results set, then we will purchase a licence

kevyn

28 Aug 2015

Please ignore my previous post - I fixed the issue now by adding hte 3rd column to the calculated column. My mistake. Thanks for all your help :-)

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

28 Aug 2015

You can display a calculated column in the drop-down but you cannot search by this field. That is why we built a complex condition in the 'Request items' template. So, if you need to display multiple fields at once, you need to create a calcualted column that joins these fields and select it as a display column in the Lookup Manager. Next, open the Advanced settings and replace {LookupField} in $orderby and $filter clauses with regular fields as I did in the last sample.

• Information