Problems with Related Items

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
MES5464

05 Sep 2013

I had a working expense report with related expense items. I added a status field to the expense items list, and now when I use the new item link to start a new expense item the value of the expense report id isn't getting passed to the expense item form.

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

08 Sep 2013

Hello,

I don't think that the problem is in a status field. How do you try to get the parent form (expense report) ID?

MES5464

10 Sep 2013

Dmitry,

I sent you an email with credentials to log into our site and see for yourself the error I am getting.

Did you set my email?

Thanks,

Marion

MES5464

11 Sep 2013

So, I have been working on this problem. I deleted both the expense report list and expense items list. I then recreated them and I am still getting the same problems.

Problem #1

While displaying the expense report, I click the new item link to create an expese item. The index of the parent expense report does not appear in the expense report lookup field.

Problem #2

The expense report save and cancel buttons direct me to a generic SharePoint page if I add, display, or edit any of the expense items.

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

11 Sep 2013

Hello, we sent you an e-mail on Monday, it seems you didn't receive it. Yes, we researched the issue. Please, try to deactivate/activate Forms Designer feature at the site collection level. If it doesn't help, please, download the latest version from our website, upgrade your current version and deactivate/activate Forms Designer feature.

MES5464

17 Sep 2013

Thank you for your quick attention and solution to this problem.

All of the problems have been fixed to my satisfaction.

• Information