Related Items View Issues

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
rlmitch01

10 Dec 2013

Hi,

I'm new to using your product and have enjoyed evaluating/testing it out. I've really put the Related Items function to the test and discovered a few issues (thus far) that could be a factor in our decision to purchase your tool for client development. These issues all involve the Related Items feature and work natively in SharePoint views:

1. Column filtering in related view (I know you're aware of)

2. Column sorting in related view (you stated would be complete this week, please let me know when it's available)

3. Usage of Item Limits in related views. I just discovered this one. When I set an item limit on a related items view and my related view exceeds the limit, I go to click to arrow for the next set of data and the view blanks out.

I was hoping to get some kind of assurance that these issues will be fixed along with a timeframe for each one. We are preparing to implement numerous SharePoint 2013 projects for various clients and would really like to use your product but in our eyes, these are pretty major issues as we would heavily use the Related Items feature. Any status update on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

11 Dec 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your questions, they help us to make our product better.

Please, download the latest version of Forms Designer (2.8.2) from our website. Just run setup file and choose 'Upgrade' option. Re-save all forms which contains Related items control. Also, please, make sure that Render property of Related items control is set to Server.

rlmitch01

12 Dec 2013

Hi!

Got it, thanks! Worked like a charm!

The update took care of #2 and #3 which is awesome, thank you so much! Is there any timeframe on when #1 will be implemented/fixed? I'm just looking for something I can take back to our clients so we can move ahead on the projects using your product.

Thank you!

rlmitch01

19 Dec 2013

Any update on this? Thanks!

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

23 Dec 2013

Hello. We still research the issue with filtering. It seems, the problem relates to SharePoint limitation. I will let you know when I get an update. Thank you.

• Information