Blank Page (Page limit?)

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
Karlostavitch

01 Sep 2016

Hi,

This has happened a couple of times now, the first time I undid my css labelling to fix it but then after I added 3 more field it happened again.

The first time the page loads successfully, then any subsequent attempt to load the page it appears blank, no errors, just empty as if its not even attempting to load the page.

Is there a page size / complexity limit? I know Sharepoint referes to a page limit of 25 web parts, is it possible for the SPForm to breach that limmit and be disabled?

Karlostavitch

02 Sep 2016

Strangely it fixed itself after removing a ; from my javascript, which I should have removed and caused the page to crash, then I added the ; again and now its working fine. So I effectively changed absolutely nothing but its working again.

Maybe a bug?

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

02 Sep 2016

Possibly, the form had not been saved yet when you opened it in the browser.

Karlostavitch

20 Sep 2016

This issue was present for a few hours at one point, but since then we have been getting some other issue intermittently.

Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.

Correlation ID:c499a59d-909c-3000-a30c-bacc82c366fd TypeError: r is not a function TypeError: r is not a function TypeError: r is not a function TypeError: r is not a function - We have been troubleshooting the issue with MS at first, since they wouldn't give us the correlation ID logs and this is SharePoint online, they have said its a query issue. We also had some of our own jquery inserted into the aspx page, a significant amount, and so we have exported the form from forms designer, then deleted the old forms from Sharepoint Designer and then imported the form back again into Forms Designer and created the edit page from that. the edit page was renamed to docsethomepage.aspx and copied to the document set content type welcome page location. The error was more difficult to produce, but we again recieved the same error, without any of our customised javascript in the aspx page and very little script in the form - see below for grid view (otherwise default spform design :- //Set the Claim number field in each new variation created fd.populateFieldsInGrid($('.related-items'), { The_x0020_Claim_x0020_Number: GetUrlKeyValue('ID'), }); //For document web part fd.updateDroppedDocuments('.related-docs', { Event: GetUrlKeyValue('ID') }); Any advise appreciated.

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

20 Sep 2016

Are you getting the error while loading the form? Could you send a screenshot and HTML-source of the page to support@spform.com?

Karlostavitch

20 Sep 2016

yes its while loading the form, or after saving, when its reloading..

Karlostavitch

03 Nov 2016

The issue was caused because we can have a maximum of 70 editable fields in a single form. So I have changed some of the fields to read-only as per your advice.

dominique.beaudin

21 Nov 2019

I have the same issue but it's sporadic. I will try reducing the number of editable fields, but it's already less than 70

Any advice is appreciated, it's been happening more and more and we have not added any new fields.
Attachments
HNICE error.png
HNICE error.png (12.49 KiB) Viewed 2348 times

mnikitina

22 Nov 2019

You are getting this error because the server cannot render the full form in time, usually because of the large number of fields, and the user gets an error instead. It doesn't have to be 70 active fields, could be less.

Now, there are only two solutions for custom forms that we can offer that should fully solve the issue:

1) Separate large forms into smaller forms, using form sets. You will need to add buttons to save the current progress and redirect to an appropriate form, where different fields are available.

2) You can also try out our newer product - Plumsail Forms. It also offers forms for SharePoint Online, but it works in a completely new way, which should help you avoid the issue altogether. Plus, these forms are responsive and mobile-friendly, though you can't just export old forms to a new product, they'll need to be redone from scratch.

dominique.beaudin

06 Dec 2019

thank you. Do I need a separate license for the newer product?

• Information