Firefox doesn't show people picker field

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
crashtodd

07 Apr 2017

Hello,

i created a form with two People Picker fields. These are both displayed in every Browser except in Firefox.
Like you can see in the picture the second People Picker field is not displayed. Does anyone have a clue what could cause this behaviour?
If I need to support additional information please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Josh

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

07 Apr 2017

Hi,
I have just tested your case but everything works fine:
TwoUserFieldsInFF.png
TwoUserFieldsInFF.png (3.62 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
What's your Form Designer version (you can find it in the lower right corner of the designer window)? Do you use SharePoint Online or on-premises? Could expand the browser console (F12) and provide a list of errors from there?

crashtodd

07 Apr 2017

Hi,

I'm using Form Designer Version 3.1.3 and on-premises.
Here is the Error list:
Error1.PNG
Error1.PNG (19.79 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
Thanks for your Help!

Josh
Attachments
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (48.23 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

07 Apr 2017

Could you also provide detailed information from the first warning (unreachable code after return statement)?

Try to comment out all custom code, remove all fields and controls except two user fields and check if they are rendered properly.

crashtodd

07 Apr 2017

I got it working! First I commented out all custom code as you said and it displayed both fields correctly. After a little bit of trial and error I found out that the problem was caused by this line of code: "fd.field('Antragssteller').readonly(true);". I really don't get it because it just sets the first people picker field read only. I use this multiple times in the code but just the one in the beginning of the code throws an error on Firefox.

Edit: I looked in the console again and now the ReferenceError doesn't occur anymore.

Thanks for your help!

GustavoDinizRodrigues

26 Oct 2017

I´ve got the same error using multiple people pickers, but if I use an setTimeoutFunction It does work and the error does not show. In my case I need one of the people picker to be set as read only as soon as the page is loaded. Can someone help me?

Nikita Kurguzov

27 Oct 2017

Hello, Gustavo!
Try this code:

Code: Select all

fd.field('Person').control('ready', function() {
	fd.field('Person').readonly(true);
});
Cheers

GustavoDinizRodrigues

10 Nov 2017

Hello, Nikita!

I´ve tried the code above and in the form i was qustioning about it worked perfectly, but i have another form that has a similar issue, i´m sending how it appears on the screen and the error i get, could you help me?
Attachments
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (19.74 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
View.PNG
View.PNG (1.83 KiB) Viewed 2450 times

Leslie

09 Mar 2020

I have this problem too ! :(

I have several person field, that I set with readonly(true) if it's not a creation, and for retrieve the data Inside this fields I set all that fields to readonly(false) just before saving.

Problem I noted (when it's not a creation) :
1) In Firefox and Chrome, even with the ready function, it doesn't work : the fields are invisible.
2) I f I tried to save the item, the fields are empty ! So it's a data loss. :o

The form is already in production and the problem has just been revealed because some important managers don't use internet explorer but only Firefox or Chrome!
So it's really important that we don't loose data, so thank you in advance for your help on this subject !

mnikitina

10 Mar 2020

Hello Leslie,

Please share the code that is related to People Picker fields and the screenshot of the field settings.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.9 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
Also, could you please share the screenshot of the form with the invisible fields.

Thank you!

• Information