SPservice cascaded dropdown display bug

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2010.
ninkasi

04 Jul 2013

Hello,

I succesfully add cascaded dropdown with spservices on a list, but as soon as I design my form in SPForms, the child dropdown is pushed out the tabs where it's placed and a padding is applying.

Do you have any ideas on why ?

I'm guessing the padding is somehow a css class in the css I've generated on jsframework, but I've no clue on what can cause the "pushed out".

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

04 Jul 2013

I have added lookup column with more than 20 related items into the separate tab but the issue is not reproduced. So, I think the problem is in your custom CSS-styles. If you do not wish to find the style that causes the problem, I can recommend to use SPCascadeDropdowns with options simpleChild set on 'true'. This parameter converts lookup drop-down into simple select box.

http://spservices.codeplex.com/wikipage ... eDropdowns

ninkasi

05 Jul 2013

Thanks for your answer.

Actually I've done some digging, and it appears that it's an Internet Explorer Issue.

I've deleted the CSS and the issue was still present, furthermore, on Chrome or Firefox no problem at all.

I've tried on both IE8 and IE10 with the same results.

The simpleChild method work though.

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

05 Jul 2013

Could you export your form with Forms Designer, save you list as template in the list settings and send both files to support@spform.com? I tested in all versions of IE but couldn't reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

ninkasi

08 Jul 2013

I just email you the files.

Thank you

Dmitry Kozlov
Site Admin

08 Jul 2013

Thank you very much.

I used your form and styles but couldn't reproduce the issue. So, I suppose the problem is in your master-styles: css-styles defined in master-page.

• Information