Loading failed

Discussions about Cross-site Lookup
Locked
kflorian
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018

02 Aug 2018

I'm getting a "loading failed" on what should be a simple Lookup in a list.

The column I am doing the lookup on is a string but it is not the default "Title" field that is created for every SP custom list.

If I change the Cross-Site lookup field to use the default "Title" field the lookup works.

I am using the default code for "Request Items" and "Item Format".

I have other lookups working correctly.

I'm not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

User avatar
Nikita Kurguzov
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017

03 Aug 2018

Dear kflorian,
Each time you see loading failed appear in the Cross-site Lookup, there should be a new error in browser's console with more details. Please, go to this form, make the loading failed error appear and then send us a screenshot of the browser's console, so we can figure out what the error is.
Cheers

kflorian
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018

03 Aug 2018

400 - Bad Request.png
400 - Bad Request.png (9.86 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

User avatar
Nikita Kurguzov
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017

03 Aug 2018

Dear kflorian,
I apologize for the confusion, after some testing we've discovered that you indeed need to replace all the instances of {LookupField} in Request items and Item format for certain items to load properly. This issue is connected to an unusual Internal Name of the column, but if you use the following name instead of {LookupField}, it should work as intended:

Code: Select all

OData__x0030_3
Simply replace all the instances of {LookupField} with it, and you should be good!
Cheers

kflorian
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018

06 Aug 2018

It worked.

Thank you!

Locked
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest