Type ahead works in Quick Edit but not in "New Form"

Discussions about Cross-site Lookup
dominique.beaudin

21 Mar 2019

Hello,
I created a new lookup (in order to take advantage of "type ahead") and it is working perfectly when I select "quick edit" for the list and do the "type ahead"

However, when I use the "new" form (using SPforms) I get a "loading failed" when I do the type ahead. The list does initially load and can be scrolled normally.

I did not add any custom code in Plumsail lookup.

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
loading failed.PNG
loading failed.PNG (76.57 KiB) Viewed 5096 times

AlexZver

22 Mar 2019

Hi!

Could you clarify please, how many items do you have in the lookup field?

dominique.beaudin

22 Mar 2019

Hi!
There are about 400 items

thank you!

Nikita Kurguzov

25 Mar 2019

Dear Dominique,
There is most likely an error in the request code. Please, go to Cross-site Lookup configuration and send us the code that you have in Advanced Settings -> Request Items:
RequestItems.png
RequestItems.png (24.91 KiB) Viewed 5085 times
Please, also show us the error that you get in browser's console fully (whole text):
FDForumErrors.png
FDForumErrors.png (81.73 KiB) Viewed 5085 times
Cheers

dominique.beaudin

26 Mar 2019

Here is the request items code (did not change it)
function (term, page) {
if (!term || term.length == 0) {
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby=Created desc&$top=10";
}
return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField}&$orderby={LookupField}&$filter=startswith({LookupField}, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "')&$top=10";
}

dominique.beaudin

26 Mar 2019

here is a snip of the full console
console.PNG
console.PNG (48.8 KiB) Viewed 5084 times

dominique.beaudin

26 Mar 2019

another note, it DOES populate if i just scroll through. Only the "type ahead" does not work. So Strange. I am doing the lookup from a calculated field... does that matter (2 text strings concatenated so they can see the name and status of the item) thank again.

Nikita Kurguzov

26 Mar 2019

Dear Dominique,
What type of field are you using for the lookup? Some fields might simply not support filtering, but work normally otherwise.

P.S. Sorry for the question, I've read that you've mentioned that it's a calculated field - these are not supported by REST API for filtering, unfortunately. Now, there might be an option to configure filtering when searching, even by two separate fields, but I'll have to look into it tomorrow.
Cheers

dominique.beaudin

26 Mar 2019

Thank you!

dominique.beaudin

26 Mar 2019

If it was possible to just have another field populate the form when the name was looked up from the same list, that would work too. I was just trying to keep it simple.

• Information