This page allows a limit of 200 controls

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
ibarrandres

28 Apr 2020

Today,

14 forms out of 16 are getting the following error:

Sorry, something went wrong
This page allows a limit of 200 controls, and that limit has been exceeded.

exceed.png
exceed.png (20.16 KiB) Viewed 2980 times

Any ideas what it could be? we are on office 365 and most of the fixes talk about modifying the web.config file which is impossible on SP Online.

mnikitina

29 Apr 2020

Hello ibarrandres,

How many fields does the form actually have?

If there are more then 70 fields in the form, please see this blog post for solution options:
https://spform.com/uncategorized/handli ... office-365

ibarrandres

29 Apr 2020

@Mnikitina Thanks for the response.

It appears it's only on forms that have a lot of fields. I have a few with 70+ input fields and others with 30. The ones with 1-30 open just fine but others don't. What I don't understand were the reason and timing. It was working fine 2 days ago and its been up for almost 3 years. Nothing in the forms or SharePoint changed from my side. My assumption is that there was a push to limit fields even further? not sure.

Thanks for the link, I will have a look.

-Andres.

2xdutchAZ

30 Apr 2020

I'm running into the same and had already cleaned up the number of fields before. It's been running for over a year. Why the change??? Please look into this as I've deployed this in many of my customers and don't want to go back to update this.

mnikitina

01 May 2020

Hello 2xdutchAZ,

This is a Microsoft limitation, there is not much we can do.

You can either migrate form to Modern UI Plumsail Forms or split forms to multiple ones.

Adam Reyes

04 May 2020

It looks like we were also having the same issue this past week but it seems to be resolved this morning. All forms seem to be functioning now. Perhaps whatever Microsoft did, they decided to roll it back.

• Information