Related Items are not showing on New form

Discussions about Forms Designer for SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Office 365.
Katy

24 Jun 2021

Hi there,
I have a strange issue recently: related items are not visible on the New form. I am doing everything the same according to the article, and the parent ID is populating correctly, but the items are not visible on the form. When i open Edit all the items are there. But this is very confusing to the users: they lose track of what they've already added to the list. Can you please let me know if anything changed and i need to do something else?
My settings are the same as in the article: data source is set to show new items only and quick edit to None.

mnikitina

25 Jun 2021

Hello Katy,

What SharePoint version are you using?

Is that a new form? Are experience the same issue on other new forms with related items?

Please share the screenshot of errors from the browser console (F12).

Katy

28 Jun 2021

Hi, sorry I was away.
I am using SP 2013. The issue happens only on the New Form and I am not getting any visible errors, although I do notice that after I save the related item the whole page with the main item reloads and the newly created item is not showing. Here is how the console looks:
before I save a new related item:
newform1.png
newform1.png (60 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
after I save a new item:
newform2.png
newform2.png (78.06 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
Again, the related items are saved fine, as expected, they are just not visible on the New form (the items are placed/added in regular mode)

mnikitina

29 Jun 2021

Hello Katy,

Please export the form and share it, I'll check the setting and try to reproduce the issue on my tenant.

Katy

29 Jun 2021

mnikitina wrote:
29 Jun 2021
Hello Katy,

Please export the form and share it, I'll check the setting and try to reproduce the issue on my tenant.
Here is the form, thank you so much for your help!

Katy

30 Jun 2021

So I've been digging through the forum and so this thread, and i am sure that the issue is that the main page is reloading after I save a new related item. But that is not the expected behaviour, why is this happening? What might cause this reload?
just an update: i created the simplest form with related items where the only script is populating ID - still doing a refresh of the main form when i save the related item and doesn't show it on the main form :-(

mnikitina

01 Jul 2021

Hello Katy,

Thank you for the exported form. I couldn't reproduce the issue on my tenant.

The refresh is expected, but that should not affect the related items.

Have you tested the new form with the same child list? Do you have any workflows in a child list?

Katy

01 Jul 2021

mnikitina wrote:
01 Jul 2021
Have you tested the new form with the same child list? Do you have any workflows in a child list?
No, I created a brand new form on the site under a different site collection even. There are no workflows on any of the lists.

mnikitina

02 Jul 2021

Katy,

Could you please export the new form of the child list and share it too. Thank you!

Katy

05 Jul 2021

mnikitina wrote:
02 Jul 2021
Katy,

Could you please export the new form of the child list and share it too. Thank you!
Sure, here is the new form for the related list.

• Information